Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rough Week



Wow what a rough week! Can I start over??

I didn't want to share my personal problems on a blog and just wanted to talk about my training but what has happened this week has kept me from training so.. (I will keep the personal things to a minimum)..... My grandmother unexpectedly passed away on Sunday (mothers day). The funeral was Tuesday and my wife and I drove home that night. Wednesday my wife came home to find our house burglarized. Someone broke in through a window and took her jewelry and most/all of our small electronics.
During all this time I was dealing with sending my shoes back to trisports.com and they really didn't want to help with the broke shoes. They didn't understand that even though I bought these shoes over a year ago I only race in them. They have less than 60 miles of wear!! I was hoping to at least get prorated for the amount of miles I have put on them!. They werent having any of it and I couldnt handle dealing with more stress so my good buddy Anne from CEPsocks stepped up to the plate. Im really not sure what she did but a brand new pair of Zoot shoes arrived today via UPS (no charge). I cant thank her enough!!! After all Ive been through this week thats the last thing I needed to worry about was arguing with trisports.
So Im not running barefoot at my triathlon this Sunday (damn!!). .

My wife has raised a ton of money this week for Athletes for a Cure and she will be representing during her first 25k this Saturday!!

I ran Sunday after getting home from East TX. Tried to clear my mind... Ran the #tweet5k for AFAC. Thats the last training activity Ive had. Now, Im drinking Rum and Coke,, ,About to put my CEP socks on...
Anne and the CEP guys have been so great,, they by far have the best customer service out of any business I have delt with,,, they are real people that truly care about their customers and anyone willing to say hello..

11 comments:

Colin Hayes said...

Wow, what a rough week! I'm sorry to hear all that you've been through. Hope everything gets resolved and you end up having a good race on Sunday.

Brybrarobry said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Jamie said...

Rough week Gusano, but that is amazing that Anne helped you out. She is frickn' awesome.

I hope next week treats you better man.

Gina Harris said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. I lost mine a couple of years ago so I understand.

I'll be praying for you..

Gina

Shannon said...

Wow! I had a week similar to that a while back (minus the burglary...which was just plain insult to injury!!). The good news is you have shoes, and in times like these you are able to realize how many friends you have and how many people care. Hoping that many good things continue to come your and @CatWebb's way over the next days and weeks. I hope that you guys both ROCK at your races this weekend. Is the Silverlake tri an open water swim? If so, where? Just curious. Take good care! --Shannon (@hendy2)

Samantha said...

Very sorry about your Gram - that is rough. Unbelievable week, but you guys survived and the stuff was jsut stuff, right? You and Cat & the dog are OK - those are the irreplaceables! Anne is amazing & those shoes look badass!!

Orphan Annie, Dorkface, Red, Anita, Flacca, Gorda, Fireball, Jungle Jane, etc said...

DUDE!!!! You are tooooooooooo sweet. Your week SUCKED for sure. Just so happy I could do something to make it a little better!! Anything for the Team Webb!!!

triblog carol said...

so sorry to hear about your Gramma...I'm sure it was a very tough week for you. glad you got the zoot shoes figured out. you bought some socks from CEP, but then they helped you get new shoes just to be nice? wow, that's great!

Gusano said...

Thanks for your support ppl!! Cat rocked her race this morning! now its my turn..

Anne Short Vosburgh said...

GO CAT! Great job yesterday!! TEAM WEBB ROCKS.

RunnerDude said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Can't believe Zoot wouldn't work with you on the shoes. Go Anne!! I need to borrow her magic wand so I can make a few things I need to happen, happen. LOL!! Hope you have a better week!