Friday, May 8, 2009

Zoot Shoes


At my triathlon last weekend my zoots broke. I didnt realize it until I was walking around the post race party (drinking beer of course). The top eye hole for the laces broke. I was like WTF, what do I do, my life is OVER,,, but I sucked it up and tried to convince my wife that I needed new shoes.. That didnt fly over too well so I called zoot and they told me to call who I bought them from (trisports.com)... So trisports.com told me to ship the shoes back and they will inspect them and then give me some options.. They sent me a prepaid UPS shipping thingy.. So now they are shipped off and I am without a pair of racing shoes.

I have a sprint triathlon next Sunday. I doubt I will have my shoes or any new shoes by then so Im debating running barefoot or trying out a pair of my training shoes. I never wear socks during my races but I always wear socks (CEP compression socks of course) during my training runs. I know I can run a mile barefoot but Im a little worried about running 3. On the other hand, Im worried about getting blisters wearing my training shoes. I may try to run barefoot a few times this week to help me decide what to do..

Now Im off to my hometown for mothers day and I hope to get some runs in.. Either that or drink lots of beer with my dad.....holla

7 comments:

RunnerDude said...

Man, hate it about the shoes! Last weekend there was a guy that ran the marathong barefoot. When I ran Honolulu a few years back there was a guy in front of me in the coral that was barefoot with a pair of flip flops stuck in the back of his racing shorts. I asked him what that flops were for. He said, "For walking around after the race." LOL! Go figure!! Good luck with the race. Hope the replacement shoes come soon.

RunnerDude said...

Opps! in the previous comment, I meant the "marathon" not the "marathong." Don't recommend running it in a thong. LOL!! Also, it was the NC Marathon is was referring to. I've heard of slurred speech...is there such a thing as slurred typing? LOL! Later..

triblog carol said...

you can put a dab of lube (vaseline, chamois butt'r, etc) on the insides of your shoes at the spots where you expect blisters. This works well for me. Just be careful if you put lube on the heel part of the shoe - makes it hard to put that darn thing on!!! Good luck!

Gusano said...

marathongs sound fun! lol... I actually had to run the last portion of a triathlon (1mile) holding my shoes last year,,, I got blisters really bad and couldnt run anymore. ill try to post a pic

Gusano said...

I usually put body glide on the hot spots of my zoot shoes. If I dont get any shoes by then I may try the stuff you mentioned

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 230 bucks everwhere. But for all I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.