Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Refusing Mediocrity

One of my receiver coaches in high school always yelled... "Don't be mediocre Webb!".. "Just because your white, doesn't mean you run slow! I need more SPEED!" He was all about speed. No matter what you were doing, it was never fast enough. He would say the same thing when I pole vaulted... "You gotta run faster Webb!".

There is always room for improvement. ALWAYS. I refuse to be complacent, refuse to be mediocre. This goes for everything in my life. Who wants to be average. Push yourself beyond what you think you can handle. Be something great. Do something great. Be the best at what you do.

I vacuumed the HELL outa our carpet the other day! That day, I was the baddest, most efficient, fastest vacuumer that ever walked this earth!
I will not settle for less. I will work at becoming the best at everything I am or do. Life is short and precious, it can be taken from you in an instant. I don't want to be average in my life, I don't want to be mediocre...

4 comments:

Isela said...

So very true!

I don't want to be mediocre either. If I do something, I want to do my best.

Jamie said...

Haha. When vacuuming the shit out of your carpet, only vacuum the shit out of your carpet.

Brybrarobry said...

If you really want to get fast and pick up a lot of dirt when vacuuming, and maybe even compete one day, I'd recommend a Dyson.

Gusano said...

hahaha! you guys are funny