Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 to 2010

2009 has been a good year for me. I PR’d a lot of races but that was expected since I started training more (due to having more time and recovering from my wreck). I set a PR for the half marathon, 10k and 5k. I also PR’d most of the triathlons I entered but I never made it to a podium finish. 4th place in my age group was common this year. I think I raced in more triathlons in a year than I ever have. My wife and I volunteered at IMCDA and I signed up the next day for 2010. I made it to the 2 year mark since I was hit on my bike, one year anniversary at my job and of course a wonderful first year anniversary with my beautiful wife, Cathlene. I had another shot at Longhorn 70.3 where I did the bike portion of the relay. As Jason Lester would say, 2009 was “epic”…. But I’m thinking 2010 will be more than “EPIC”. I won’t be competing in as many races this year but with Ironman as my focus I won’t have time for many. I am giving it all I’ve got these next 6 months. Ironman will fulfill this empty space lurking around me, it will give me back something I believe was lost in 2007, it will somewhat, finish what I started…..?

7 comments:

Brybrarobry said...

Congrats on the year. Good luck next year.

Shannon said...

Great year, Guzman! Go get IMCDA!! It's yours, dude! So proud of all of your accomplishments in 2009, but you are right...nothing will compare with what 2010 will hold for you in terms of setting a goal and seeing it through! Wishing you all the best and rootin' for ya every stroke, pedal, and step of the way!

Gusano said...

Thanks guys!

Isela said...

You can do it! Ironman is just a grasp away :). Happy 2010!

Austin said...

Good going on 2009 and kick ass in 2010 :D

Samantha said...

Exciting - you're going to rock this year!

Gusano said...

Thank Yall!