Sunday, May 2, 2010

8 Weeks

I just finished up a 4 hour ride followed by a 1 hour run and I was thinking a lot about these next few weeks. Im also trying to figure out my nutrition and what I plan on wearing based on the weather (all tips are welcome)... I think I have my nutrition down I just have to figure out how Im going to execute it during the race (how many bottles, what to put in special needs, etc)..

Ive got 8 weeks until Ironman. This means I have about 6 weeks to train before beginning taper.. This also means that I truly only have 5 weeks of good solid training left. I have two weeks of build, one week recovery, three weeks build then recovery and taper for the big day.... I cant miss any workouts these next few weeks. I haven't missed many in the first place but I'm making sure I hit all these weeks dead on. I have two huge weeks at 20+ hours that include a century ride in each. This will be my first time to hit 100 miles on the bike. EXCITING huh!!? Lets do this, bring on the fun!
Lake Coeur d'Alene

No comments: