Monday, October 4, 2010

September Totals

September was an “ok” month.  My running has picked back up due to Cathlene training for her 50k but I’m still slacking on the swimming and didn’t do great on the bike this month.  But I’m still maintaining and believe I’ll be just fine going into Longhorn 70.3.  Weekend runs have been awesome.  Cathlene and I have been meeting up with a group almost every weekend for the past two months and have run 13+ each time.  My knees have been pretty good up until this past weekend on our 16 miler.  I rode 52 the day before and really hammered the hills so my legs were pretty shot and made for a tough run the next day.  I’m feeling some ITBS but nothing to worry too much about.  One more week of training and then taper for Longhorn on Oct 17th.  This is my first half Ironman so I don’t know what to expect.  I’m hoping to break 6 hours and a perfect day would give me sub 5:30.  But knowing how anything can happen I just hope to finish on my two feet un-injured and feeling decent,, not great but decent.  Things will be perfect if I puke at the finish line.

September Totals

Swim: 16,315 yards

Bike: 256.57 miles

Run: 82.79 miles

No comments: